Windows computers are been used everywhere, they have been a part of our lives. Sometimes, you may set passwords on Windows to protect our private files and data from unauthorized viewing. The problem is that what if you forgot or lost Windows password?
Well, if you forgot Windows password, don’t be panic. Windows itself has some handy features that allow you to reset password by your own. I am here to offer you 4 efficient methods to recover your lost Windows password.
Method 1: Windows Password Hint
When you create or change a Windows password, the system will remind you to set a password hint to help you remember the password. When you enter a wrong password in the Windows logon screen, the password hint will appear to remind you of how you made up your password (if you have set the hint). You just calm down, and take a deep breath, then try your best to remember your Windows password following the hint.
Method 2: Windows Password Reset Disk
If you had created a Windows password reset disk, you can use it to reset your lost password.
You just boot up your computer, and insert the created CD/DVD password reset disk into your computer, then enter Windows logon screen. You’ll get the reset password option when you type an incorrect password at the logon screen and press Enter. Click on the option and the password reset wizard will pop up to guide you to reset Windows password.
- 1. Please note that the password reset disk will only works for the account it was created for and cannot be used to reset the password of another accounts.
- 2. To create a password reset disk, you first need to log on Windows and enter User Accounts by clicking Start->Control Panel->User and Family Safety-> User Accounts. Then you can click Create a password reset disk on the left pane (Just as shown on the below picture). A password reset disk wizard will come up, and then you can follow it to create a password reset disk.
Method 3: System Recovery Options
Windows System Recovery Options can also help you when you need to reset Windows password. You can either use a Windows installation disc or the recovery options provided by your computer manufacturer to access the System Recovery Options. Of course, you can also create a system repair disc by yourself.
1. Type system repair disc into the search box in the Start menu and press Enter.
2. Insert a CD/DVD into the optical drive and hit Create disc.
This creates the system repair disc. To start the System Recovery Options, insert the system repair disc into the optical drive and reboot the PC via the disc. Select your Windows installation from the list when prompted. The System Recovery Options are now displayed.
Method 4: Windows Password Reset Software
Windows password reset software is always designed to reset any Windows password in minutes.
The advantage of such tools is that you can reset any Windows password easily and quickly. And it can help you reset Windows password whether you can log on your computer or not. There are plenty of such programs on the Internet like Anmosoft Windows Password Reset.
Steps to reset Windows password:
2. Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive password reset disk with the program.
3. Set CD-ROM or USB device as the first boot device in BIOS for your PC.
4. Boot your PC from the created CD/DVD or USB flash drive and reset Windows password.
In conclusion, the 4th method is the best and most efficient way to reset Windows password. If you are a newbie to computer or you are not an computer expert, I recommend you try the 4th method to reset your Windows password.
Tags: Windows Password