As windows supports users to set a password to protect computers from being random logged in by other people, there must be a way for users to reset windows server 2003 password when they lose the password. And the way provided by windows is windows password reset disk.
The disk is a CD/DVD or USB drive that should be put into computer to make it into a password reset disk through Control Panel. The detail steps to make a password reset disk for windows server 2003 password reset are written below:
1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
2. Find the User Account and Family Safety and click User Account.
3. Insert the CD/DVD or USB drive and click on create a password reset disk.
4. Click Next on the Forgotten Password Wizard.
5. Select the device you used to create the password reset disk.
6. Type current user account password and click OK.
When you forget windows server 2003 password one day, take the disk out and put it into the computer. windows server 2003 password recovery can be finished in a few minutes. Make sure you have kept the disk in a safe place, because anyone who owns it can reset your windows password if he can get physical access to it.
Tags: Server 2003 Password