In case of losing windows 7 password, computer users should do something before the computers have been locked. If you take my advice and do some prepare, it will help you a lot and save your time when you really need to reset windows 7 password one day.
One, please create a windows 7 password reset disk. What is that for? Obviously, it is used for windows 7 password recovery. When losing windows 7 password, you just insert the disk into the locked computer and a few minutes later you can regain access to computer again. How to make the disk? Please prepare a CD/DVD or USB drive and follow the steps below:
1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
2. Find the User Account and Family Safety and click User Account.
3. Insert the CD/DVD or USB drive and click create a password reset disk.
4. Click Next on the Forgotten Password Wizard.
5. Select the device you used to create the windows 7 password reset disk.
6. Type current user account password and click OK.
After creating the disk successfully, keep it in a safe place in case of getting by other people.
Two, license another windows user account with administrator privilege. Maybe computer users don’t know administrator account can change windows 7 password for other users’ accounts. Set up one, you can log in computer with this account and change the password for the locked account. Following are the steps to set another user account to have administrator right.
1. Get into Control Panel and click user accounts.
2. Choose the account you want to change right for and change its UAC
3. Confirm the operating and restart the computer.
Once you have done the two things above, you have no need to worry about forgot windows 7 password.
Tags: Windows 7 Password